PhD in Canada.
PhD in Canada for Indian students and international students would be good because of its great program structure, research establishment, best PhD universities and faculties, Canada education system, fee structure, and so on.
So students who have the dream to achieve high-level jobs along with earning research scholars to get more knowledge about the PhD subjects.
Usually, most of the time student wants to study in Canada but they are exactly not sure where to start or which courses are best for them.
PhD in Canada with a scholarship makes student life easy as it gives relief in course fees area, PhD degree in Canada normally takes 3 years to 6 years of study.
Depends on your specialization subjects and course selection for PhD admission. In this article, you will also know the top PhD universities in Canada for study.
Study PhD in Canada.
Canada always opens their universities for admission to international students who want to study in Canada.
However any degree courses in Canada take a Canada student visa, and other eligibility requirements to fulfill the Canada admission process.
When we talk about the PhD program in Canada, students must require to know that it needs at least 3 years of full-time dedicated to study and research.
About PhD courses most students take only 3 years of study however, students can take more time like a maximum of 6 years to complete their Ph.D. in Canada.
Strong PhD subject knowledge and a good score in PhD thesis make you more confident in your career path.
Many universities in Canada for Ph.D. takes presentation to explain your work or thesis, which boost student confidence, and energy level plus good performance in the presentation will aid you in acquiring your PhD.
But Why Study PhD in Canada?
Education PhD programs in Canada give immense career opportunities, good hospitality by Canadian governments, and top Canadian universities experience, and PhD programs allow students to avail of the PhD program in Canada with a scholarship created.
Let’s see some other facts which make it beneficial to pursue PhD in Canada after master degree courses.
- Good Scholarships.
- World Class Universities.
- Affordable Tuition Fees.
- Post Study Work Opportunities.
After completing your Canada student visa for study in Canada student can stay there with the permission of PGWPP (Post Graduate work permit Canada).
Plus Many Canadian universities allow PhD students in Canada to work for about 10 hours each week in between their academic years to earn some money for their leaving and other stuff.
Post PhD degree in Canada fees range will depend on college selection and many other things however, arrange range to pursue PhD program in Canada could be around 4,500 to 20,000 CAD.
Demanding PhD Courses in Canada.
Here you will get the list of the most popular and common course fields of study taken by students in Canada while pursuing their PhD program.
- Medical and Health.
- Business and Management.
- Natural Science.
- Computer Science and IT.
- Social Science.
- Social Science.
- Environment Science.
Eligibility Requirements for PhD in Canada.
When students applying to PhD programs or apply for any course in Canada there are certain eligibility conditions to study abroad.
Definitely for post PhD degree criteria might vary from university to university, therefore down below we have mentioned the most common.
Or general eligibility requirements that candidates must have to full fill to pursue PhD degree.
- Academic Certificate Photo Copies.
- Possible University or College takes the Personal interview.
- Universities often check that students’ postgraduate degrees are closely related to the field to which they had applied.
- University expects good ranking in bachelor’s degree as well.
- Letter of Recommendation for PhD admission.
- IELTS/TOEFL Score for the PhD Program.
- A score of Ability testing such as GMAT OR GRE (depends on course selection).
Other Documents Required.
PhD degree courses in Canada also need some other relevant documents that you will need during the application process.
- Canadian Study Permit.
- SOP (Statement of Purpose).
- Passport Copy.
- Competitive Exam Score.
- Certificates Copies.
- Letter of Recommendation,
- Transcripts of your all done courses.
PhD in Canada with Scholarship.
Before applying to PhD programs students can check out the several Ph.D. scholarship schemes which are especially available for students planning to pursue PhD degree in Canada.
Some scholarship schemes not only help students to handle course financial support but also help in accommodation assistance, but for that students have o research little in the same area and are required to find great scholarship options for their self’s.
Here are some of PhD scholarships for study in Canada.
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship.
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship.
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship.
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship.
- Graduate Global Leadership Fellowship (University of British Columbia).
- Hira & Renu Ahuja International Graduate Scholarship.
- University of Calgary Merit-Based Scholarship.
- UBC 4-Year Doctoral Scholarship.
- Robert Harog Graduate Scholarship.
- UAIberta Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Scholarship.
Popular Universities for PhD in Canada.
- Queen University.
- McGill University.
- The University of Toronto.
- The University of Waterloo.
- Simon Fraser University.
- The University of Montreal.
- The University of British Columbia.
- The University of Manitoba.
- Dalhousie University.
- Laval University.
- The University of Alberta.
- McMaster University.
- The University of Calgary.
Scope of PhD in Canada.
After completing PhD program in Canada students do have a variety of career opportunities, and alternatives starting from research areas to teaching lines.
Here we have mentioned some of the most common but popular search profiles in Canada and some other job tiles which are famous for high-paying payout.
- Research Engineer.
- Principal Scientist.
- Research Engineer.
- Research Scientist.
- Postdoctoral Research Associate.
- R&D Director.
- Medical Science Liaison.