Role of medical representative.
Medical Representative is a relationship between pharma companies and doctors and the other relevant healthcare units.
The medical representative is also known as a Medical sales representative, or pharmaceutical sales representative.
Medical representatives encourage and sell products, like pharma, medical equipment prescription medicines, and medicine manufactured by their company to different healthcare facilities.
MR ensures that the medical facility has proper medical supplies to operate and serve its patients.
Medical Representative Qualification:
Here you will get information about medical representative job qualifications which helps you to get a job in a private or public organization.
Along with this, you will also see the list of courses in medical science which helps you to gain knowledge and certificate in the medical representative area.
- BD (Bachelor’s degree) in nursing, pharmacy, life sciences, or related field.
- Must have medical sales experience.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Solid arbitration capabilities.
- Magnificent organizational capabilities.
- Implicit communication capabilities.
- Extraordinary customer service capabilities.
- Impressive and adaptable.
- Ability to investigate the situation and act accordingly.
- Ability to survey and use the right opportunity.
Medical Representative Courses.
- Diploma in Community Health Care.
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology.
- Diploma in Pharmacy.
- Hospital Management Course.
- BSc in Operation Theatre Technology.
- Certificate in Lab Assistant.
- Diploma in Rural Health Care.
- BSc Physiotherapy.
- BSc Nursing.
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology.
- MSc in Child Health Nursing.
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management.
- BSc in Paramedical Science.
- Pharmacist Courses.
How to Become a Medical Representative.
When we talk about how someone can become a medical representative so for this you must complete a medical degree or a diploma or any course in pharmacy related will help you to understand the basic knowledge of medical terms.
In India, there are so many ways through which you can easily get training online platforms.
Or offline such as the Indian Institute of Indian Representatives (IIMR), Medical Representative Training Institute (MRTI), and Pharma Health Academy.
Apart from this if you want international certification, so for that you can go for the Pharmaceutical Representative Certificate (PRC) from the Accreditation Council of Medicine Affairs (ACMA).
Medical Representative Job Description.
- Get support for the company’s medications to the doctors, the pharmacists, and the other admissible healthcare units.
- Launching a new product in the market.
- Organize appointments with doctors, pharmacists, and other healthcare units.
- Establish good business relationships with customers to inspire frequent purchases.
- Helping in business generated by the company.
- Produce presentations for prospective customers.
- Customer support and customer service.
- Market feedback about the product.
- They are investigating competitors’ medications and their market performances.
- Record keeping of new growth in the medical field to decide the effect of such developments on the company’s business policies.
Medical Representative Companies.
These are the top companies in this medical representative such as.
- Dr. Reddy’s
- Aristo Pharmaceuticals
- Zydus Cadila
- Ipca Laboratories
Medical Representative Interview Questions.
For all the students who are looking forward to starting their career as medical representatives, here are some important questions that can be asked them during an interview-
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to become Medical Representative?
- What is the process to become a successful Medical Representative?
- What are software available to check the progress and sales?
- How will you convince your product?
- How will you manage the excel sheet to make a project?
- How you say you have the best product.
- What are the bestselling techniques?
- How do you build a network?
- Tell me some experience about MR.
- What are the companies that provide jobs in MR?
- What are your weakness and your strength?
- How much salary do you expect?
- How will you manage a project in a short time period?
- What are the changes you want in this medical field?
- Ready to relocate or not?
- What is your expectation from your manager?
- How will you manage to go here and there?
Medical Representative Skills Required.
Career Skills help the candidate to excel in their professional life at a high level therefore as a medical representative if you learn the extra skills and ability then it will give you good future growth in both communication and verbal level.
- It is necessary that the person should have trained in computer software and tools, and also expert in MS Office [Word, PowerPoint, and Excel]
- The medical representative should have excellent negotiating skills
- Should have good Problem-solving skills
- Should have Time management skills
- Follow the compliance and complete the time limit projects
- Should have a High level of inspiration and passion
- Must have Strong teamwork and planning skills
- Always ready to learn new things
- Should have Presentation skills
Role of Medical Representative (Responsibilities).
As we discussed earlier the role of the Medical Representative here we are going to talk about a few points detailing the specific responsibilities.
As medical representatives, we need to have a medical background which is in any form like a degree or diploma in medicine or its related fields.
Build a strong network with a range of professionals like doctors, practitioners, clinical specialists, paramedical experts, food technologists, psychiatrists, clinical psychology specialists, pediatricians, and gynecologists.
Research market tendencies and the situation to understand what opportunities for networking and business-building may arise.
Make sure that the client service should be in an effective and timely manner and also ensure that the projects should be efficient manner.
Always be in touch with the Doctors and other related medical professionals online or offline to get connected and develop relationships.
Should have to take care of the term of the agreement and post-contract formalities with good relations.
Always ready to learn recent developments, recent changes, and discoveries to calculate the mini or micro effects on the industry.
Well Informed about the product, services, and distinctive benefits provided by the other competitor’s company or any other relevant companies.
Always get in with the departments of purchase, sales, operations, and plan of action to implement effective plans and strategies.
Make a good relationship with the medical field and be a part of medicine-related events and take advantage of networking opportunities.
Precisely documented and record the activities with each client and report back.
Another role of medical representative is to make sure you have a good relationship after the projects.
Medical Representative Average Salary.
In this field, you can expect a good amount of salary. Such as If you begin your career with a medical representative job profile.
Your MR job profile average starting salary would be around INR 4L -5,00,000 per annum. For the experienced MR, the average salary would be around INR7, 00,000.